If it’s a case where you own an Infiniti Q50, then using the correct engine oil is essential for keeping your vehicle running as smoothly as possible. One thing for sure is that using incorrect motor oil can do serious harm to the engine of your Q50.
There is no doubt that using the right motor oil will help reduce engine wear and protects your vehicle’s engine and emissions system from damage over time. Not only that but it also plays a role when it comes to improving fuel economy.
In this article, we have put together a list of the best engine oil for Infiniti Q50 you can find on the market for the money today. So, if you want the best motor oil for your vehicle, then you should continue reading.
Best Engine Oil For Infiniti Q50
1. Castrol GTX High Mileage Engine Oil 5W-30 – Editor’s Choice
If you want the best engine oil for your Infiniti Q50, then look no further, the Castrol GTX High Mileage 5W-30 is the best choice for the money. Castrol has developed and patented an exclusive synthetic blend engine oil with advanced technology to reduce phosphorus content compared to other leading oils out there, helping protect against catalytic converter and emission system failure.
Apart from that, this high-quality oil provides superior protection against sludge accumulation, wear, and oil burn-off when compared to conventional oils. Modern engines must be capable of handling higher pressures, tighter clearances, and higher levels of tune. As a result, choosing the ideal engine oil for your Infiniti Q50 becomes essential to maintaining optimal performance.
Castrol GTX High Mileage is the highest rated high mileage motor oil on the market and that’s a fact. This synthetic blend plays a very important role when it comes to extending the life of your engine. Additionally, it uses phosphorous replacement technology which replaces some phosphorous with an advanced additive for robust wear protection – perfect for high mileage vehicles like Infiniti Q50s.
- High-quality motor oil
- Comes equipped with advanced technology
- Great for high-mileage engines
- Comes at an affordable price
2. Valvoline MaxLife Engine Oil High Mileage Synthetic Blend 5W-30 – Runner Up
If you’re searching for a high mileage oil that will protect your Infiniti Q50 engine, then the Valvoline MaxLife Engine Oil High Mileage Synthetic Blend 5W-30 is an ideal option. It’s more cost-effective than fully synthetic oils and contains advanced additives to optimize performance and protect your vehicle.
This high-end motor oil is designed specifically for higher mileage engines, this oil helps condition seals to prevent leaks, minimize oil consumption, and boost fuel economy. Furthermore, it reduces friction for easier cold starts while resisting thermal breakdown.
Valvoline’s formula differs from traditional oils in that it flows quickly during startup, keeping your engine free of debris buildup. Plus, its enhanced cleaning detergents remove sludge and deposits in your engine to make it run smoother.
It also contains additives to help swell existing engine seals and prevent leaks, plus it’s free from zinc-dialkyl dithiophosphate (ZDDP) since modern engines don’t need this type of oil. Apart from that, this motor oil comes in an easy-pour bottle design for convenient pouring which is a bonus.
- Best oil for high-mileage engine
- Available at a very affordable price
- Help to keep the engine free of sludge and deposits
3. Pennzoil High Mileage Engine Oil Conventional 5W-30
If it is a case where your Infiniti Q50 has over 75,000 miles on it, you may want to consider switching to high mileage oil like the Pennzoil High Mileage Engine Oil Conventional 5W-30. These oils are usually synthetic and contain additives that help preserve damaged engine seals and reduce leaks.
Drivers seeking maximum engine performance will find this motor oil to be a great option. Furthermore, it protects older engines which are always beneficial.
It is safe to say that, high mileage oils differ from standard engine oils in that they contain more Zinc dialkyl dithiophosphate (ZDDP). This can reduce wear on your engine, and filters. It is also best to keep in mind that, high-mileage oils can also help to reduce sludge and rust that could impede engine power. These oils even contain seal conditioners to prevent oil leaks.
- Helps to protect older vehicles
- Plays a role in preventing leaks
- Help to get rid of sludge and deposits
4. Mobil 1 Advance 5w30 Full Synthetic Motor Oil
Mobil 1 Advance 5w30 Full Synthetic Motor Oil is a top choice among drivers due to its superior performance and protection, even for modern vehicles. It meets ILSAC GF-5 standards and has been Dexos1-approved by General Motors.
This superb quality product also utilizes synthetic oils for superior lubrication, sealing, and cooling. They effectively coat engine parts to eliminate friction and wear over a period of time.
The Mobil 1 Advance Full Synthetic 5w30 tends to offer effective cleaning to keep engine parts free from dust, grime, and other contaminants that could clog deposits and reduce your vehicle’s engine’s life expectancy.
Another thing that we find interesting about this product is that it provides superior temperature handling to help lubricate engine components even at extreme temperatures. It even controls oxidation to help protect against oil breakdown and prolong engine life.
- Full synthetic oil
- Active cleaning agents
- Advanced wear protection
- Help to reduce wear and tear
How to Change Engine Oil
- You can actually start by simply parking your vehicle on a level surface. If you want you can even raise the front of the car with either a jack stand or ramp for easier access.
- We also think it would be a good idea to spread a plastic sheet across the floor so you easily clean up an oil spill if one does occur.
- The next step is to use a socket wrench to unscrew the oil drain plug. This is usually located in the front center of the engine; however, you can also check your owner’s manual for the exact location of this particular plug.
- Now you can go ahead and place the drain pan beneath it. Your pan should be large enough to hold up to 5 quarts of oil.
- We think it is best to use a funnel to pour oil from a container into the drain pan without it sticking together, creating an unpleasant mess.
- Last but not least, it is time to locate the oil filter under the hood and twist it off by hand or with an oil filter wrench. Make sure the old filter’s O-ring has come off too. Finally, it is wise to pour some new oil on its gasket so it seals securely.
As you can see, we have put compiled a list of the best engine oil for the Infiniti Q50 so that you can have an easier time making a solid buying decision especially if you are a first-time vehicle owner. Engine oil is very important as it will help your Infiniti Q50 to perform as it should.