Let’s start by saying that the Hawk 250 magnetic engine oil drain plug is an invaluable tool to safeguard your engine. What happens is that this drain plug replaces your stock oil pan drain plug and precisely matches its thread pitch for a secure seal.
This magnetic oil drain plug attracts and holds minute ferrous metal particles, keeping them out of your lubricating system. This plays a role in reducing bearing damage and helps extend the life of your engine.
Hawk 250 Magnetic Engine Oil Drain Plug
The Hawk 250 magnetic engine oil drain plug features a powerful neodymium magnet that traps minute metallic fragments in your lubrication system, effectively preventing them from damaging vital components or entering the system. Apart from that, it helps to extend the life of your vehicle by eliminating harmful metal particles which could cause a number of issues.
This magnetic oil drain plug is made of billet 6061 aluminum with a powerful neodymium magnet, designed to capture metal particles in your lubrication system and protect your vehicle in the best way possible. It also boasts several unique features such as its robust 24mm hex head, precision-machined threads, and reliable Dowty seal.
What Does an Engine Oil Drain Plug Do?
Engine Oil Drain Plugs are essential parts of a vehicle’s oil change process, enabling the fluid to be properly drained. Some types of these plugs even feature magnetic tips which can help capture and remove metal traces from engine oil.
Oxidation can reduce the life of engine oil, potentially leading to issues like bearing damage or other malfunctioning. Therefore, always inspect the drain plug before performing oil changes to make sure it’s free from rust or other form of corrosion.
Some oil drain plugs also come with a reusable gasket, which can be useful to have on hand in case the seal becomes worn or damaged as this tend to happen at times.
Also Read: P06DD Engine Oil Pressure Control
How to Change the Engine Oil of Hawk 250
- Before changing the engine oil of your Hawk 250, you must first locate and open its drain plug. Doing so will allow you to drain out old engine oil and clear out its filter screen.
- Your Hawk 250’s magnetic engine oil drain plug can be located at the top right-side engine compartment, usually marked “Engine Oil Drain Plug.”
- If it’s a case where you are unable to locate it, your owner’s manual may provide an alternate location.
- When it comes to changing the oil on your bike, it is essential to only use high-quality engine oil. Doing so will help to extend its life and maximize the overall performance.
- When choosing engine oil for your motorcycle, ensure it has been certified before actually using it . This way, it can effectively handle the conditions encountered on your ride.
- Once you have successfully choose the right oil type, it’s time to install it into your Hawk 250 engine. Be sure to also use the right-sized oil filter.
Engine oil plays an integral role in how quickly your bike runs. In order to get maximum performance from it, opt for oil with higher viscosity than what is recommended by your owner’s manual; this allows the oil to move more freely onto critical surfaces.
How to Clean the Engine Oil Filter of Hawk 250
It is safe to say that engine oil filter plays a very vital role in any bike . Not only does it protect the engine from dirt and other particles that could harm it, but it also ensures smooth running when riding. Unfortunately, oil filters can become dirty over time and need to be cleaned in order to function in the most efficient way possible.
- Once you have the necessary tools, carefully take out the old engine oil filter. Afterwards, clean it using rags or a piece of clothe; alternatively, pressurized water can also be used to eliminate dirt and grime.
- Once the old engine oil filter has been replaced with a new one, add some oil to the O-ring for a secure seal. Finally, tightening the filter cap by hand is important; be careful not to overtighten as this could cause it to break down prematurely.